What is comfortable casual?
NICE NO THANKS NOTE-WORTHY NEED NEW
Clothes are never a frivolity: they always mean something.
I made reference to comfortable casual in my "appropriate choices for work" post and have received several emails asking what that term means. I have my interpretation but I wanted to know what others thought and so here are the responses given to that question (a statistically unreliable sample, by the way):
- Dumpy. No, maybe one step above dumpy. (for my French friends - je pense - disgracieux)
- It's not a style - it is a wardrobe choice for a weekend when you will be cleaning your place, watching movies or playing online games and eating popcorn.
- Jeans, yoga pants - LuluLemon.
- Casual pants jeans, cords, khaki and and a crew neck something such as t-shirt, sweater.
- Less than business casual
- The same as business casual.
- You don't mean smart casual, do you?
- Inappropriate in most situations.
- Exactly what it says casual clothes that are comfortable - no tight anything - and sneakers.
- Big and comfortable, nothing fitted or close to the body.