Saturday 14 September 2013

Biker Chic . . . Again . . .

How many times can one live through the style description, "biker chic" or is that "chick"? In my fashion-conscious lifetime and hey, I'm not that old (relatively speaking), it has recurred at least every three years. So here we go again . . .

With its history, I believe the leather motorcycle/aviator jacket could be considered a classic since it has recurred every three years or so over the past 30. It's 2013 and Holt Renfrew in Canada has illustrated "the fall's hottest trend, a leather motorcycle inspired jacket". I saw it through the 70s in high school, the 80s in university, the 90s while I was developing a career and now, that I am officially "retired", it is 2013 and the "leather motorcycle inspired jacket" is still here and there. That smacks of being a classic. 
Of the jackets featured on the Holt Renfrew site, the Rag & Bone and the Helmut Helmut Lang are my favourites.



Helmut Lang. Photo Source: Holt Renfrew
Rag & Bone. Photo Source: Holt Renfrew 

I have never owned a leather jacket of this style. I guess I always thought that they were too trendy and so opted for a more classic cut. I also preferred longer jackets and so although I have tried on a few, I have never purchased one. As I study the Helmut Lang jacket, I think to myself that perhaps it's time - this would be a NICE one for me.


2 comments:

  1. Relaxing in Kelowna15 September 2013 at 11:32

    I happen to own a REAL biker "chick" leather jacket! Maybe I should pull that out of the closet and give it a go! Great leather and still looks good. Who knew it could be a style statement!?! At least wearing it as a "style" would not result in the dreaded helmet head!! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Function becomes fashion . . . it happens often. So would that be again or still?

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.