Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer Sales Welcome Return to France

Basic Choices

Closet Content Analysis: Replacing the Worn Out during Sale Season
  
NICE             NOTE-WORTHY           NEED             NEW

I have returned to France just in time for the summer sales. However my timing is all wrong for the sales at Marques Avenue in Romans-sur-Isere. They start on Wednesday and I am on the road back to the south-west on Monday.

NICE & NEW: Officially it is the beginning of July that the sales start but I was at the Amor-Lux store in Romans-sur-Isere on June 18th where I picked up a light summer sleeveless top for only 16.00Euro. Amazing. It has a v-neck and is that pink tone in beige that is more becoming on my skin than the yellow beige tones. The armholes and neckline are edged in a satiny bias trim that is in the same tone as the body of the top. Nice!


NOTE-WORTHY: I had to buy a bigger size than my other classic Armor-Lux striped shirts. My other classic "marinieres" are a Size 2 whereas this one needed to be a 4. Yes I still fit the 2 "mariniers". When I buy at outlet malls, I often wonder about things like sizes. Could it be that this top at the outlet store was mis-sized since it was sold at a price one-quarter of what it would be in the regular Armor-Lux stores? It's a thought.


Bronze sandals purchased at Salamander. Photo by JoyD.
NEED & NEW: Availability too is often an issue at outlet malls. Since I am a popular size 7 (Canadian) / 37 (European) in shoes, I often cannot find my size. I had a beige pair of flat strappy sandals that went with everything. A strap broke and so I need to replace them. Although I did not find exactly what I was looking for, I did find a pair of metallic bronze flat sandals at Salamander for 49.00Euro in size 37, the last pair in that model.

NEED: I definitely need a pair of "sneakers" - not the thick soled walking or jogging shoes but lightweight canvas sneaker-style shoes that are casual chic and comfortable at the same time. I had a pair of white leather Keds that I loved but they are beyond repair. I just may drop into Marque Avenue before I begin my six hour journey back to the south-west tomorrow morning. Come to think of it, my beige suede flats are looking a little rundown . . . .

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are settled in back in France. A bit of wine and now a bit of shopping! I've found that outlet shopping sizes are crazy. Ashworth and Izod shirts come to mind. They were crazy mis-sized in my opinion but hey if you want a bargain! I like they sandals, they are very cute. And what can I say about the white leather Keds! Everyone needs a pair of these non-clunky looking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you. Sounds like I need a post on sandals and white leather Keds. Funny thing is about klunky shoes. I've noticed some French women and more men, those younger than me, wearing Birkenstocks - yikes - I never would have thought. I'm hoping it is a passing trend. I associate Birkenstocks with a broken toe about 10 years back. However I did buy a pair of Geox loafers, but that's another post. Keep me posted on your latest shoe purchases Brian. Merci et bises.

      Delete
  2. Bienvenue de nouveau JoyD Welcome back from France, if you need kind of sneakers you can try Sperry top siders women loafers I bought a pair and they look great they are very comfortable and they are almost unisex, very good quality shoes or Keds as Brian says, Geox is a good brand very good quality and they have breathable soles at least the flats that I once tried. I also bought from Sperry Top siders a pair of women sandals but to be honest they look so unisex that nobody pay attention when I wear them ;) I used to have a pair of Birkenstocks sandals but they arent as comfy as they look and honestly they don't look nice either for girls or guys; and my recently purchase: 6 pairs of Sam Edelman Felicia flats at 60% off so I have many colors to match with my clothes I even dare to wear red ballerinas with navy jeans and a denim long sleeve shirt. Have a nice summer et donne-nous de tes nouvelles.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonsoir Ivan . . . Merci pour votre réponse et merci pour les conseils d'achat de chaussures. I write French better than I speak and I don't write all that well. Somehow it is easier for women to buy men's shoes and not have any negative references made; whereas men get more attention when they wear "so-called" women's shoes. However, I get the feeling that you are not bothered by any of that anyway. The red with denim sounds fantastic and I am positive looks fabulous. Bises . . .

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.