Wednesday 24 June 2015

PRIDE "Ballet Flats" Tribute

Thank you Brian for giving a Ballet Flats Tribute to PRIDE or GAY PRIDE month celebrating sexual preferences and gender variations for th LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender Queer) community. June is PRIDE month in Canada. Whether our preferences are personally or sociologically significant or simply superficial (as in clothing variations) it is important to acknowledge and salute those differences wherever they lie on the contimuum. And so . . . let's take pride in all our preferences and variations as we strive for non-judgemental attitudes! What better way on a clothing blog than with shoes . . . thanks again Brian!





June PRIDE "Ballet Flats" Tribute. Photo Source: Brian Davis
Take a look at the other posts Brian and I have collaborated on about ballet flats:

Ballet Flats: Genderless
In a Man's Closet: Ballet Flats
Ballet Flats Favourites: 13 Pairs in 2013
For Love of Reva and Eddie

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful way to celebrate the PRIDE month in Canada, nothing more beautiful that a rainbow made of cute ballet flats , really cool and original idea from Joy and Bri. I love the pic !!

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivan. One never knows how others will perceive one's good intentions. It's nice to know we're on the same page.

      Delete
  2. Thank you JoyD for providing the perfect words for my pictures. Every year the LGBTQ movement, parties and celebrations seem bigger and people are showing more support for the basic concept of, "it's OK to be or do what makes you happy" At least that's my take on it.

    From my point of view it was the Lesbians Gay and Bisexuals that first wanted to be recognized and started a movement creating the LGB part of the acronym. The T or Transgender part of the acronym were kinda out there by themselves but later joined the in. And the Q or Queer came even later. It doesn't matter to me if a person is any part of the LGBTQ mind set or not part of it at all. If you are a kind person, I will treat you the same way. It's not important where I see myself fitting into the LGBTQ rainbow but I really relate with what you said JoyD.
    "Whether our preferences are personally or sociologically or simply superficial (as in clothing variations) it is important to acknowledge and salute those differences wherever they lie in the continuum."

    It's important to be PROUD of who you are and share that PRIDE with others. JoyD has done several posts about me and my flats. Because of these posts I feel CONFIDENT and PROUD to be who I am. Then thru JoyD's blog she has shared my PRIDE with all her readers.

    JoyD - you are truly AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Brian! And so it is that we should all take pride in all that we do and in who we are - I thank the communities that have made PRIDE official.

      Delete
  3. Hy looking for the gay pride and you want to get good quality and services. If you also searching for the gay pride artwork and gay pride clothing. Get services for all gay pride, gay pride artwork, gay pride clothing, gay, lesbian, transgender and lgbtq.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it have very indeterminate useful collaborated on about ballet flats. thanks for share this kind of useful post.




    Online fitness courss in UK | Ballet Business Course with Balletbefit

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.