Tuesday 3 May 2016

Traxx: Amazing Shoe Store in Saskatoon Saskatchewan

Closet Content Analysis: Unexpected Find #1

NEW and NICE


I've driven and walked by the Traxx shoe store many times and have never ventured in. I had the impression that all they carried were hiking boots and "comfortable" shoes. It was conversation at a dinner party last weekend that inspired me to visit the store. Yesterday for the first time, I walked into Traxx and left with a pair of "comfortable" Semler sneakers but found much more. I believe the family run business's original goal was to provide hardy and comfortable footwear for all reasons and seasons but it has certainly evolved. Now they carry it all, from very fashionable funky $400.00 stilettos to $400.00 hiking boots. Who knows, perhaps those stilettos are more comfortable than over the top designer brands. I recognized some of the brand names but not of the stilettos.

The Traxx online presence is as successful as their storefront. The left hand sidebar on the website's home page lists the brand names of the shoes they carry. This is most convenient when you have fallen in love with a particular shoe and know what you want.

I am still a face-to-face shopper and I don't believe that I would have ever bought the Semler sneakers from the pictures I saw online. I had no idea about the German-made Semlers and only bought them because they were 60% off from the original $305.00 - all leather, including lining, and obviously excellent craftsmanship.


Photo Source: Traxx, Saskatoon, SK Canada



Photo Source: Traxx, Saskatoon, SK Canada
Loving my new Semlers!

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog quite interesting and the concern in the blog is really impressive

    fashionable jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing in Kelowna4 May 2016 at 11:35

    Beautiful shoes at an excellent price!! Leave it to those Germans to come up with such lovely designs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my travels to Germany I have never seen these Semlers - do you know this brand?

      Delete
  3. That is quite remarkable that there is still a family run shoe store around. I think they are few and far between. I still remember as a kid going to a similar store to get shoes for school. The device that measures the length and width of your foot as well as the bench the sales person sat on with the sloped part for you to put your foot. Both these items bring back good old memories.
    Glad to see and hear you found a great pair of comfy fashionable sneakers at a great price in a face to face environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family run with a traditional store front and an online presence! Everything you can imagine, comfortable yet sylish, good service, local - it's a feel good kind of place. A friend from Boise spent some time in there with her fiancé - he sat in the dude's waiting around chair and she spent an hour and a half having a good time. Now if she wants she can go back online.

      Delete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.