Friday 17 March 2017

Spring Thoughts on Shoes for a Comfortable Casual Look

NICE     NOTE-WORTHY     NO THANKS

I received an email from Stewart Weitzman Canada and was enamoured with the variety of flats.


Photo Source: Stewart Weitzman Canada
I loved the colour of these blue ballerina style flats and I can see myself wearing them with my casual summer wardrobe that includes a lot of blue, white and beige. However my No Thanks on this pair is that they are suede. I do have several pairs of suede shoes although I opt for dark colours such as black, purple . . . a darker blue. The beige ones I have, I tend not to wear often or have restricted them to "inside" shoes just because of the difficulty of cleaning suede. Stewart Weitzman has them in black but I have also made a Note-Worthy resolution and that is not to buy another pair of black shoes in 2017. These do say that spring is in the air.


Photo Source: Stewart Weitzman Canada
My other passion are metallic flats and they too are often restricted to indoor shoes. This habit has evolved after the first pair of Geox metallic flats I owned. The metallic finish wore out quickly and I do not believe that I was harder on them than any other pair of shoes. These loafers come in an embossed leather that appears to be a mottled grey and beige. That might be Nice. 

Besides sandals these flats seem to be the only styles I wear.  Ballerinas and loafers are my preferred comfortable casual shoe to finish of that particular look. 


Metro in High Shine.
Photo Soource: Stewart Weitzman Canada
No Thanks for me but Nice for others. When it comes to shoes, the chunkiest I get is a wedge heel in the summer. I don't do the sport luxe look often but if you do, these Metro in High Shine tie-ups are very cool. I defer to proportion and I just can't handle a chunky shoe owing to my height and size. If I could I would be looking seriously at these. 

Just like the fall when my "back to school mentality" kicks in, I experience "new shoes for Easter" thoughts and this year there may be more than one pair in the plan. Thank you Stewart Weitzman for the email. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Stewart Weitzman flats, they are gorgeous. Certainly a must have pair for any women (or man :)) I understand your concerns with them because they are suede. As you are well aware I have lots of ballerina flats in my closet, but only a couple pairs are suede. I love how elegant suede looks but I don't like how it wears.

    Love those chunky metallic shoes. OMG I'll have to show you my vintage metallic LA Gear sneakers from many years ago. They are brand new and still in the box but very very vintage and metallic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me and so I read them in gratitude and reply with delight. Thank you.