This year seems to be different, spring came early and summer feels like it has been here for awhile and is likely to stay for a good while longer. Although it is raining and quite cool out there today. However, it is I who is in transition and in something of a dilemma with my summer closet. All my summer clothing is in France. This year I won't be leaving Canada until August and will only be staying in France for 3 months. I have been caught unprepared yet I have no desire to buy any summer clothing.
It so happens that much of what I found in my closets is either too big or too small, stained or ripped. Remember, I am the one who expounds the perfect fit as being the most important attribute of clothing and keeping clothing in an impeccable state. I dug through my possibilities and found the following:
NICE, NO THANKS, NOTE-WORTHY and NEED
- 1 pair of blue & white striped capris that fit perfectly
- 1 pair of creamy coloured capris that also fit perfectly
- 1 pair of white linen pants that are big but have a drawstring waistband. They feel like wearing pyjama bottoms but because they are linen, they have a "look" - that summer resort kind of "look". I have never been on a yacht but they remind me of the kind of loose linen pants you would wear as you look out at the sea. Sigh.
- 3 black short sleeved t-shirts that are too tight - probably 10 pounds too tight
- 3 white short sleeved t-shirts that fit but are all stained (no other choice but to wear while gardening)
- 1 pair of beige cargo shorts, stained and too tight - probably 5 pounds too tight (reserved for gardening)
- 1 pair cargo capris in good shape and they fit but too dated (reserved for gardening)
- 1 "golf t-shirt" style black dress, too tight to wear outside of the house
Transition clothing I brought with me from France:
- 1white linen shirt that can be worn over a tank top or t-shirt or on its own
- 1 black and white striped Armor Luxe pullover, 3/4 length sleeve
- 1 turquoise and white striped Armor Luxe pullover, long sleeve
NEED: There are too many items to list. I may have to go shopping.
Update - June 21 -
NOTE-WORTHY: Surprising what you find when you start looking. I may not go shopping after all.